Saturday 1 October 2016

September 2016 by the Numbers

Why 'By the Numbers'?
While I'm much more concerned with quality as opposed to quantity, sometimes it's just fun to look back and reflect on what you've done in a specific window of time. Taking a look at what you've done often might be telling . . . here's to hoping that we engage in joyous activities regularly, and perhaps we can learn something from reflecting on how we've spent some of our time, and make changes if need be accordingly. The overall hope here is to celebrate the smaller joys in life, enjoying a measure of gratitude for the everyday and commonplace, as well as the rare and extraordinary.

September 2016 by the numbers:


- Two Labour Day weekend destination bike rides; one to Chapters and the other to DQ!




- Grades Three and Seven beckon my girls, and eight pals celebrate the beginning of another school year. This was also the FIRST year that I was able to walk my girls to school on the first day!! It was most definitely a surreal and happy experience. I also get to walk E to school on a regular basis this year, and I love that each and every morning that we do so, I'm filled with a wave of joy and gratitude.


- One incredibly thoughtful former student whose sweet note had me in happy tears.


- One gorgeous and wonderfully fragrant white oleander blossom that finally bloomed under my care.



-Third tooth lost on the third day of grade three for E!




- One proud Mama and Papa as we read E's nine goals for this year: "1. To be nice. 2. Being caring and kind. 3. Helpful and careful of people. 4. I want to learn a lot. 5. I want to make new friends. 6. I want to get better at writing and reading. 7. I want to meet new, nice people. 8. I want to try new things. 9. I want to have fun.




- One "she" to her good pal's "nanigans"! And much gratitude on my part for having such a creative, talented and thoughtful friend!


- Six reading pals enjoying another meeting of our Mother/Daughter Book Club.




- Two excited readers donning gorgeous gowns at the Medieval Faire's children's reading tent.




- One lovely afternoon in Guelph with my Mom. So nice to share a day together.




- Three fantastic days spent in Ottawa visiting good friends. Four proud Canadians at Parliament Hill.



 

- One memory-rich stroll to a house where I lived many moons ago in Ottawa.




- Eight legs guarding over the National Gallery of Canada.




- Two little museum patrons bringing art to life.




- Countless colours in the Byward Market.




- Three fast friends in matching jammies.




- Many facts learned during a tour of Parliament.




- Eight happy hikers enjoyed a lovely walk around Pink Lake in Gatineau Park, Quebec.




- Three besties dancing and enjoying a great eve of catching up with the rest of the Crew.




No comments:

Post a Comment