Friday 30 September 2016

Thought of the Week: Kindness


"This is my simple religion.
There is no need for temples; 
no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;
the philosophy is kindness."

~ His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama



I've loved these words ever since I first read them. They're the key to such a simple, beautiful truth, a recipe for a world in which peace would surely reign if every person could only follow the philosophy. Upon reading them, I feel a little bit lighter, a little bit more hopeful, knowing that there are so many people in this world who do, indeed, feel this way, and I'm reignited with the desire to be the kindest version of myself that I possibly can.

My wonder: How do these words make you feel? Does this mantra strike a chord with you? Or if not, what is your "simple religion"?

No comments:

Post a Comment